Thursday 16 June 2011

SCHOOL TRIP TO BOURNEMOUTH


This is a list of basic sentences and questions to survive in Bournemouth. 
Patricia, don´t hesitate. although your level of English is a bit low, I´m 
sure you will have a wonderful experience there, just like the other
students who are also going.
Lola, Mariola, Alvaro, Jesús, Elena, Sara, María and Luis: I know you
will do very well there: your level is good, so take advantage of that and
speak a lot, don´t worry about mistakes!
Good luck to all of you! And have a great time  there!!

ENGLISH FOR SURVIVAL
Excuse me please, I'm lost. Could you tell me how to get to ________?
Perdone, por favor, estoy perdido. ¿Podría decirme cómo llegar a ...?
Where is the nearest toilet please?
¿Dónde está el aseo más cercano, por favor?
Where is the nearest police station please?
¿Dónde está la jefatura de policía más cercana, por favor?
What is your name?
What´s the time, please?
¿Qué hora es, por favor?
Could I use your mobile phone please? 
¿Podría usar su móvil, por favor?
Could you bring me the bill please?
¿Me trae la cuenta, por favor?
Can I pay by credit card?
¿Puedo pagar con tarjeta de crédito?
Is there a bank near here?
¿Hay algún banco cerca de aquí?
Where is the nearest tube station?
¿Dónde está la estación de metro más cercana, por favor?
What time does the shop/restaurant/pub/art gallery/museum... close/ open?
 ¿A qué hora cierra/ abre la tienda/ el restaurante/ el pub/ el museo ...?
I want to go to ______, could you tell me when to get off the bus/ train, please?
Quisiera ir a ......., ¿Podría decirme cuando bajarme /del autobús/ tren ...por favor?
Where can I catch a taxi?
¿Dónde puedo coger un taxi?
Is there an Internet café near here?
¿Hay algún Cibercafé cerca de aquí?
You are starting to bother me. Leave me alone!
¡Está/s empezando a molestarme. Déjame tranquilo.!
I'm sorry, I didn't understand what you just said. Could you repeat it for me please?
Lo siento, no he entendido lo que me ha dicho. ¿Podría repetirlo, por favor?
What time is the train expected?
¿A qué hora está previsto que llegue el tren?
Is the flight on time?
Are there any good, cheap hotels near the station?
¿Hay algún hotel que sea bueno y barato cerca de la estación?
Could you recommend a good hotel/restaurant..  ?
¿Podría recomendarme algún buen hotel/ restaurante/tienda ...?
I am very tired, so I'm going to bed now. Good night
Estoy muy cansada, creo que me voy a la cama. Buenas noches.
Good morning, did you sleep well?
Buenos días, ¿Has/ha dormido bien?
What are we going to do today?
¿Qué vamos a hacer hoy?
Is it expected to rain tomorrow?
¿Se espera que llueva mañana?
What kind of clothes should I wear to the meeting/party/theatre....
¿Cómo debería ir vestido/a para la reunión, la fiesta, el teatro ...?

BOURNEMOUTH PHOTO GALLERY
Shopping in Bournemouth

Having suntan on the beach

Some of its beautiful streets

Summer leisure time


Having some relax in the countryside

The port

Playing sports in Bournemoth

Surf ... exciting, isn´t it?


BOURNEMOUTH USEFUL LINKS:









No comments: