Tuesday 22 January 2019

REWRITING WITH RELATIVE CLAUSES

DEFINING RELATIVE CLAUSES WITH PREPOSITIONS



A Rewrite each formal sentence as an informal one.

1. These are the boys with whom I went on holiday.

These are the boys (who) I went on holiday with.

2. This is the letter for which I´ve been waiting.

3. That is the hotel at which I stayed.

4. Tim is someone to whom I hardly ever write.

5. Ravenna was the most interesting town in which we stayed.

B. WRITE THE  RELATIVE PRONOUN IN EACH SENTENCE. They have been omitted.

1. Friday was the last time I saw Jim.

Friday was the last time THAT I saw Jim.

2. The island we visited was extremely beautiful.

3. The girl I met was a friend of Philip´s.

4. The meal we ate wasnt very tasty.

5. Gina was the first person I asked.

6. The book I read didn´t explain the problem.

7. The teacher we usually have was  ill.

8. The friends I met last night send you their love.

No comments: