Friday 4 March 2011

Everyday English V


Audio options:
32 kbps audio
64 kbps audio

At a doctor

I have a terrible stomachache.

Doctor:Good morning. Please have a seat here.
What´s the problem?
Paul Ryefield:I have a terrible stomachache.
Doctor:Do you have diarrhea?
Paul Ryefield:Yes, I do.
Doctor:Do you have any other symptoms?
Paul Ryefield:Yes, I feel sick.
Doctor:You mean you feel nauseous?
Paul Ryefield:That´s right. I feel like vomiting. And right now
I feel dizzy, too.
Doctor:When did the symptoms start?
Paul Ryefield:This morning. Yesterday evening I ate something
raw.
Doctor: All right. Please take off your clothes to the waist
and lie down there. ... Just tell me if it hurts when
I do this.
Paul Ryefield:It doesn´t hurt. ... Ouch. It hurts there.
Doctor:

Okay. Let´s hope it´s just indigestion, but
we´ll need to run some diagnostic tests to be
sure. We´ll run a blood test and we´ll also
need a urine sample.
Paul Ryefield:
—Can you give me something for the time
being?
Doctor: Yes, I´ll give you a prescription for
indigestion  tablets         
Useful Vocabulary:
  • stomachache= dolor de estómago
  • diarrhea = diarrea
  • sick = malo, con náuseas
  • nauseous = con náuseas
  • vomit = vomitar
  • dizzy = mareado
  • raw = crudo
  • hurts = duele
  • indigestion = indigestión
  • blood test = análisis de sangre
  • urine sample = muestra de orina
  • prescription = receta
  • tablets = pastillas

No comments: