Sunday 7 January 2018

New Year's Resolutions


What is a New Year's resolution?

A New Year's resolution is a decision that you make, to start doing something good or 
stop doing something bad on the first day of the year.

Can you think of some examples of common New Year's resolutions?


Here are some popular New Year's resolutions:

1. Save more money 
2. Get out of debt 
3. Keet fit/lose weight
4. Change job/career 
5. Quit smoking 
6. Give up alcohol
7. Spend less time working
8. Spend more time with family/friends 
9. Give up chocolate 
10.  Move house 

Now watch this excellent video by 'Because I said I would' about making New Year's PROMISES.  While you are watching, try to write down the promises that you hear and read in the video:




Now, share with your teacher/class, which promises you were able to note down and give your opinion.


Here are some examples:


I promise to:
- rescue more animals.
- push myself out of my comfort zone.
- be who I want to be, not who society wants me to be.
- drop under 200 lbs.
- make 5 people smile every day.
- go vegetarian.

What about you? Are you going to make any New Year's promises this year?  



No comments: