Tuesday 30 May 2017

The Passive Voice with Ed Sheeran

 Image result for the galway girl ed sheeran
 
Listen to the song The Galway Girl by Ed Sheeran
and do the activities below
 
 

TURN THE  UNDERLINES PHRASES FROM THE SONG INTO PASSIVES: 
  1. She played the fiddle in an Irish band
  2. But she fell in love with an English man
  3. Kissed her on the neck and then I took her by the hand
  4. Said, "baby, I just want to dance"
  5. I meet her on Grafton street right outside of the bar
  6. She shared a cigarette with me while her brother played the guitar
  7. She asked me what does it mean, the Gaelic ink on your arm?
  8. Said it was one of my friend's songs, do you want to drink on?
  9. She took Jamie as a chaser, Jack for the fun
  10. She got Arthur on the table with Johnny riding as a shotgun
  11. Chatted some more, one more drink at the bar
  12. Then put Van on the jukebox, got up to dance3
  13. You know, she played the fiddle in an Irish band
  14. But she fell in love with an English man
  15. Kissed her on the neck and then I took her by the hand
  16. Said, "baby, I just want to dance"
  17. With my pretty little Galway girl
  18. You're my pretty little Galway girl
  19. You know she beat me at darts and then she beat me at pool
  20. And then she kissed me like there was nobody else in the room
  21. As last orders were called was when she stood on the stool
  22. After dancing to Kaleigh,singing to trad tunes
  23. I never heard Carrickfergus ever sang so sweet
  24. A capella in the bar using her feet for a beat
  25. Oh, I could have that voice playing on repeat for a week
  26. And in this packed out room swear she was singing to me
  27. You know, she played the fiddle in an Irish band
  28. But she fell in love with an English man
  29. Kissed her on the neck and then I took her by the hand
  30. Said, "baby, I just want to dance"
  31. My pretty little Galway girl
  32. My, my, my, my, my, my, my Galway girl
  33. My, my, my, my, my, my, my Galway girl
  34. My, my, my, my, my, my, my Galway girl
  35. And now we've outstayed our welcome and it's closing time
  36. I was holding her hand, her hand was holding mine
  37. Our coats both smell of smoke, whisky and wine
  38. As we fill up our lungs with the cold air of the night
  39. I walked her home then she took me inside
  40. To finish some Doritos and another bottle of wine
  41. I swear I'm gonna put you in a song that I write
  42. About a Galway girl and a perfect night
  43. She played the fiddle in an Irish band
  44. But she fell in love with an English man
  45. Kissed her on the neck and then I took her by the hand
  46. Said, "baby, I just want to dance"
  47. My pretty little Galway girl
  48. My, my, my, my, my, my, my Galway girl
  49. My, my, my, my, my, my, my Galway girl
  50. My, my, my, my, my, my, my Galway girl, hey
 
 
 
 
 

 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 

No comments: