Thursday, 14 November 2019

Fridays with Songs 4º ESO

Maroon 5: Memories

Exercise 1: Listen to this beautiful song and complete the lyrics



Chorus
Here's to the ones that we _____

______ to the wish you were here, but you're not

'Cause the drinks bring back all the _____________

Of everything we've been __________
Toast to the ones here _______
Toast to the ones that we lost on the __________
'Cause the drinks bring back all the __________
And the memories bring back, ___________ bring back you


There's a time that I __________

When I did not know no pain

When I __________ in forever

And everything would stay the same
Now my heart feel like ____________
When _________ say your name
'Cause I can't reach out to call you
But I know I will one day, yeah

____________ hurts sometimes

Everybody hurts someday, ay-ay

But ___________ gon' be alright

Go and raise a glass and say, ay


BACK TO CHORUS
Doo-doo, doo-doo-doo-doo

Doo-doo-doo-doo, doo-doo-doo-doo

Doo-doo-doo-doo, doo-doo-doo

___________ bring back, memories bring back you


There's a time that I remember

When I ________ felt so lost

When I felt all of the hatred

Was too powerful to stop (oh, yeah)
Now my __________ feel like an ember
And it's lighting up the dark
I'll carry these torches for ya
That you know I'll never drop, yeah


Everybody hurts ____________

Everybody hurts someday, ay-ay

But ___________ gon' be alright

Go and raise a glass and say, ay


BACK TO CHORUS 
Doo-doo, doo-doo-doo-doo

Doo-doo-doo-doo, doo-doo-doo-doo

Doo-doo-doo-doo, doo-doo-doo

Memories bring back, memories bring back you
Doo-doo, doo-doo-doo-doo
Doo-doo-doo-doo, doo-doo-doo-doo
Doo-doo-doo-doo, doo-doo-doo (ooh, yeah)
Memories bring back, memories bring back you


Yeah, yeah, yeah

Yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah, no, no

Memories bring back, memories bring back you


Exercise 2: Find as many Relative Clauses as you can.(4 in the first stanza, 3 in the second)
Let´s sing the song now!

No comments: