Sunday 13 May 2018

WB Answer Keys 2º ESO F/H and more practice

Grammar Page 49 
1  1. will take – b. will leave.  2. won’t be – a. won’t know 
3. won’t miss – d. will arrive 4. will come – c. won’t stay 
2  1. Will it be cold tomorrow
2. will win the match
3. will you probably buy
4. 
Will he finish the marathon 5. will the judge do 
3  1. are going to take 2. aren’t going to go  3. are going to sail
     4. are going to stay  5. is going to stop.  6. is going to bring
     7. amnotgoingtoread     8. Are ... going to do 
4  1. When is Dad going to wash the jeep?
          He is going to wash the jeep at 8.00.
2. Is Tom going to play football at 5.00?
    No, he isn’t. / No, Tom is going to have a guitar lesson at 5.00. 
 3. What are Mum and Dad going to do at 9.00? 
      Mum and Dad are going to meet friends at 9.00. 
5  Possible answers:
1. Dad is washing the jeep at 8.00.
2. Mum and Zoe are going shopping at 10.00. 
3. Tom is having a guitar lesson at 5.00.
4. Mum and Dad are meeting friends at 9.00. 

6  Accept all logical and grammatically correct answers.

Speaking Page 49 
7  1. going to 2. studying 3. will  4. See  5. get tickets 6. you’ll 

Grammar Page 50 
11. use, will help 2. drink, will feel 3. will be, spend. 4. grows, will be. 
5. will melt, gets. 6. water, won’t grow 
21. If I read e-books, I will save trees.
2. If we buy a big car, we will produce a lot of carbon.
3. If we walk to school, we will be healthier and help the environment.
4. If we take the bus, we will produce less carbon.
 5. If we turn off the lights, we will save energy. 
3 1. Took  2. would save 3. didn’t print 4. would choose 5. were 
4 1. Were  2. would walk 3. got up. 4. would have   5. would get 
6. Chose.  7. Wanted. 8. would play 9. didn’t live 10. would be 

Speaking Page 50 
Possible answers: 1.If I study hard, I’ll do well in my tests. 
2. I’ll be happy if I get a new tablet.   
3. If my family moved to China, I would learn Chinese.
4. I would be happier if I had my own room. 

MORE PRACTICE

Complete the sentences with the correct form of the verbs below. Use the Present and Past  tenses, BE GOING TO and the First Conditional

destroy       join          throw out = tirar           sleep         work          switch off
    1.  Sally ………………………………. the ecology club soon.
    2.  If I were you, I ………………………………. my computer in a thunderstorm.
    3.  The tsunami in Japan ………………………………. thousands of buildings in 2011.
    4.  We ………………………………. in the garden at the moment.
    5.  There won’t be enough space in my cupboard unless I ………………………………. some old clothes.
    6.  The cruise ship left the harbour while we ……………………………….. .

KEY:
1. is going to join                        4. are working
2. would switch off                     5. throw out
3. destroyed                                6. were sleeping


No comments: