Thursday 12 November 2015

USED TO



Click on the link below and watch this video about Childhood. If you do it at home you can download the PDF worksheet to work on the video comprehension.  You will understand the use of USED TO very well.

http://www.insideout.net/blog/elessons/video-lesson-3-childhood

Now, are you ready to record your ´I used to ´ video?
 See them on our next class!

For more practice,  try completing this famous song by Coldplay, Viva la Vida.




“VIVA LA VIDA” – used to/would page two

used to rulefeel  the feargave the word used to roll

can’t explainwicked and wild wind what I had become

used to ownwhen I ruled the world
5. Listen to the song and fill in the gaps with the phrases.

“Viva la vida” (Coldplay)

I _________________ the world,
Seas would rise when I _____________
Now in the morning I sleep alone,
Sweep the streets I _______________
I ____________ the dice,
______________ in my enemies’ eyes
Listen as the crowd would sing:
“Now the old king is dead! Long live the king!”
One minute I held the key,
next the walls were closed on me
And I discovered that my castles stand
upon pillars of salt and pillars of sand

I hear Jerusalem bells are ringing, Roman Catholic choirs are singing
Be my mirror, my sword, and shield, My missionaries in a foreign field
For some reason I _______________, Once you know there was never,
Never an honest word…that was when I ruled the world

It was the _________________________,
blew down the doors to let me in
Shattered windows and the sound of drums,
people could not believe  _________________
Revolutionaries wait
for my head on a silver plate
Just a puppet on a lonely string—
Oh who would ever want to be King?
I hear Jerusalem bells are ringing, Roman Catholic choirs are singing
Be my mirror, my sword, and shield, My missionaries in a foreign field
For some reason I can’t explain, I know Saint Peter won’t call my name
Never an honest word…and that was when I ruled the world

--What emotions do you think the “king” is feeling in this song?   Why?

happinesssadnessregret   confusion pride   fear   nostalgia


No comments: