Sunday 11 March 2012

DEFINING /  NON-DEFINING
RELATIVE CLAUSES
 HOMEWORK for 1º BTO students:
this is the exercise I told you to do
for Monday 12th March.

 Join each pair of  sentences into ONE using Relative Pronouns.
 They can be Defining or Non-Defining. Omit the relative when it is possible.

1. J. K. Rowling is now very rich. She is the author of  Harry Potter books.
   
2. The country hotel has closed down. We stayed there last summer.
   
3. Jane´s husband is a TV reporter. She is a newspaper journalist.
   
4. Summer is a wonderful time. I´m hardly at home in summer.
   
5. The actors receive Oscar gift bags before the ceremony. The Oscar gift bags
     are very expensive. (2)
6. I visited Marbella. Many people spend their holiday in Marbella.
   
7. Did you watch the horror film?  I told you about the film yesterday.
    
8. My maths teacher studied in Barcelona. His best friend is a famous musician.
  
9. I boght train tickets to London. The tickets cost $25 each.  (2)
  
10. I like Ralph Fiennes a lot. He is starring a new film now.

11. I want to be friends with a boy. The boy is talking to Susan right now. (2)

_______________  O O O  ________________
    
  Now, you can also try these interactive exercises. At the end , you will find
the icon CHECK,  to correct your sentences.

No comments: